AIS Section Outstanding Dissertation Award
The Accounting Information Systems (AIS) Section of the American Accounting Association (AAA) seeks nominations for the Outstanding Dissertation Award. Award winner(s) will be honored with a plaque presented at the AIS Section Midyear Meeting.
Criteria applicable to awards:
- Impact on accounting information systems research, theory, or practice communities.
- Relevance to and impact on the IS and/or accounting research and practice communities.
- Topical or methodological originality and innovation.
- Exceptional development of theory.
- Awards will be granted only if the committee deems the research contribution meets criteria.
- The author of the work must be a member of the AIS Section of the AAA during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- The entry should not be simultaneously submitted for consideration for an award sponsored by any other section of the American Accounting Association.
Criteria unique to the Outstanding Dissertation Award:
- The dissertation must have been defended no earlier than January 30, 2021 but no later than January 30, 2022.
- Nomination must be made by an AAA AIS Section member; self-nominations are encouraged.
- Nominating emails should include statements of the importance of the work and its current or potential impact on accounting information systems theory or practice.
- An electronic copy of the working paper that meets the criteria for submission to JIS should be provided.
- Submissions must be in either Word or pdf format; electronic submission only.
- Members of this year's Award Committee are not eligible.
Please send electronic nominations to the AIS Section Outstanding Dissertation Award Committee Chair, David Wang (email@example.com)
Nomination Deadline: October 29, 2021