AIS Section Awards
Notable Contribution to the Accounting Information Systems Literature Award
The Accounting Information Systems (AIS) Section of the American Accounting Association (AAA) announces the 2022 Notable Contribution to the Accounting Information Systems Literature Award competition. Its purpose is to recognize exceptional contributions to AIS research, theory and practice. Award winner(s) will be honored with a plaque presented at the AIS Section Midyear Meeting.
Criteria applicable to the award:
- Impact on accounting information systems research, theory, or practice communities.
- Relevance to and impact on the AIS and/or accounting research and practice communities.
- Topical or methodological originality and innovation.
- Exceptional development of theory.
- Award will be granted only if the committee deems the research contribution meets criteria.
- The author of the work must be a member of the AIS Section of the AAA during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- The entry should not be simultaneously submitted for consideration for an award sponsored by any other section of the American Accounting Association.
Criteria to the Notable Contribution to the Literature Award:
- Consideration shall be given to peer-reviewed books, monographs, and journal articles on research topics and methods in the field of accounting information systems (broadly defined).
- Published journal articles may be in any journal.
- The work must have been published prior to December 31, 2021.
- Nomination must be made by an AAA AIS Section member; self-nominations are encouraged.
- Nominating emails should include statements of the importance of the work and its current or potential impact on accounting information systems theory or practice.
- An electronic copy of the work must be provided.
- Submissions must be in either Word or pdf format: electronic submission only.
- Members of this year's Award Committee are not eligible.
Submit nominations to:
- Awards Committee Chair, Ju-Chun Yen at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 14, 2022.
The Journal of Information Systems (JIS) is the academic journal of the Accounting Information Systems (AIS) Section of the American Accounting Association. Its goal is to support, promote, and advance Accounting Information Systems knowledge. The primary criterion for publication in JIS is contribution to the accounting information systems (AIS), accounting and auditing domains by the application or understanding of information technology theory and practice.