Join the Accounting Information Systems Section
Innovations in information technology are everywhere around us - and are central to the value adding processes of most organizations, large and small. And the world of accounting and auditing depends totally on information technology. If you have an interest in understanding the implications of technology for accounting and auditing, you owe it to yourself to join the AIS section ofthe American Accounting Association. The mission of the AIS section is to create and disseminate knowledge of accounting information systems and all aspects of information technologies as they relate to accounting and auditing by promoting excellence in research, teaching, and practice. We achieve this mission through meetings, outreach, member support, encouragement of teaching in AIS, and the publication of the key journal in the field, the Journal of Information Systems.Importantly for the future of our discipline, the section encourages and supports new scholars and educators in the field. The section is also widely recognized for having an intensive connection with practitioners in the field.
Section Membership Benefits
Membership in the AIS Section facilitates access to thought leadership, conferences, and growth opportunities. The following are notable examples:
- The AIS Section publishes the premier journal dedicated to accounting information systems research: Journal of Information Systems.
- The annual AIS mid-year meeting includes a New Scholar Consortium, cutting-edge CPE sessions, research and teaching sessions, panels, and opportunities to volunteer and network.
- We recognize member contributions through awards such as the Outstanding Dissertation Award and Notable Contribution to the AIS Literature Award.
- We acknowledge the importance of our discipline's relationship with practice. As a recent example, our Environmental Scanning Committee recently issued a comment letter regarding the AICPA Exposure Draft: Trust Services Principles and Criteria.
- We value collegiality and have a long history of welcoming and supporting the development of new section members.
- Members from around the world: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Fiji, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, the United States, and the United Kingdom.