The Education Committee serves as a monitoring function of educational activities and issues within and without the Association. Specifically, the committee shall:
- Study and report upon all matters of concern to the Association in the field of accounting education.
- Make policy recommendations to the Board of Directors about the development of education-related activities designed to enhance world-wide education in accounting including, but not limited to curricula, course delivery, faculty development, etc.
- Align the strategic direction of all Association-level committees related to education with the organization's Strategic Plan.
- Monitor, act as liaison, and respond as appropriate to the educational efforts of outside constituents.
- Respond on an as-needed basis to address educational issues presented by the President, Board of Directors, and Chief Executive Officer.
- New Committee members are appointed prior to the Annual Meeting by the AAA Management Team.
- The Education Committee shall consist of nine members, including the Chair, each of whom shall normally serve a three-year term, with one-third of the Committee members appointed each year.
- The Committee is chaired by the Vice-President Education.
- In years when there is an incoming Vice-President Education, the President-Elect shall appoint that person and two other members to three-year terms. In other years, the President shall appoint three members to three year terms.
- The Committee meets annually during the AAA Annual Meeting, and typically includes both the previous year's and new year's Committee members.
- The Committee may meet by conference call scheduled by the Chair during the rest of the year.
- To fulfill the committee charge above.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Chief Executive Officer, the President, or the committee's Board of Directors Liaison.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting.
- This report should summarize the portfolio of AAA educational activities for breadth and adequacy and make recommendations as appropriate, and should include accomplishments and suggested modifications.
- The report should be sent to the AAA President, the committee's Board of Directors Liaison, and Governance Manager, Barbara Gutierrez (email@example.com).