2023 MAS Midyear Meeting
Important CPE Information
CPE Form Available Now. Click below
Delivery Method: Group Live
Registration is open. Click Here!
To be awarded the full credit hours you must check-in via the Meeting app for each CPE session and fill out the CPE Form that is emailed to you following the Meeting
Learning Objectives for Midyear Meeting:
The conference will provide participants with the following learning objectives. Attendees will be provided with knowledge on:
- Explain what management control systems are
Understand the challenges of target setting in management accounting
- Explain how new technologies like, e.g., AI, affects management control systems
- Link control problems in a firm and its corporate social responsibility activities
- Understand the influencing factors of executive compensation
Learning Objectives for Doctoral Colloquium:
The Doctoral Colloquium will provide participants with the following learning objectives. Attendees will be provided with knowledge on:
- To identify research topics with theoretical and practical importance.
- To understand different research designs for theory testing.
- To help students prepare for the dissertation process.
Learning Objectives for the CGMA Virtual Teaching Symposium:
• Recognize the need for developing a better sense of belonging among students
• Identify how belonging happens in the classroom and the role that academics can play
• Formulate strategies for fostering belonging in your classroom
• Recognize the indicators of academic belonging in students in the classroom
• Identify the important behaviors that demonstrate a sense of academic belonging among students
• Develop strategies for modifying your syllabi and shifting your everyday interactions with students to better foster a sense of belonging and fostering the success of your students
• The MAFIA (Management Accounting, Fraud, and Internal Audit) student organization supports students at the University of New Mexico
Preparing students for the CGMA exam in Advanced Management Accounting creates a career path for students at Kent State University
• Materials and videos from the Center for Audit Quality have been incorporated into accounting classes to increase students’ professional awareness
• To design a data analytics user oriented introductory accounting course to attract students to majors, putting best instructors in this class, which had a significant effect on attracting accounting majors
• Recognize the challenges that universities have in attracting and retaining students, especially in accounting programs
• Compare and contrast different approaches being used by institutions to highlight advantages of various career paths in the accounting profession
• Assess potential opportunities to develop engaging strategies for attracting and retaining students
• Explore the unique benefits and strengths of a career in management accounting practice
• Assess and evaluate the role of academics in advocating for the value of management accounting with our students
• Formulate strategies for positioning your courses that will contribute to a future focused curriculum in your institution
CPE Information for the Midyear Meeting: 14.4 CH
CPE Information for the Doctoral Colloquium: 6.2 CH
CPE Information for the AICPA CGMA Virtual Teaching Symposium: 10.8
All cancellations must be received in writing at the AAA in order to be processed (email Info@aaahq.org).
Cancellations received after December 5, 2022, will incur a $50 cancellation charge. No refunds will be available for cancellations after December 26, 2022, or for no-shows.
For comments and concerns, please contact the AAA Office at (941) 921-7747 or email us at email@example.com.
The CPE Fields of Study curriculum is divided into twenty subject matter areas. These fields represent the primary knowledge and skill areas needed by accounting licensees to perform professional services in all fields of employment. Sessions that offer CPE credit have the Field of Study and Credit Hours (CH) in red. Each Credit Hour is based on 50 minutes. The Program Level for each of these sessions is Basic, unless otherwise stated. Delivery Method: Group Live.
American Accounting Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org