2022 Ohio Region Meeting
What AAA Is Doing to Keep You Safe at In-Person Meetings
January 4, 2022
Seating and Spacing
- We continue to host events in the same large venues. However, we are spacing out seating where possible.
- Out of an overabundance of caution and concern for the safety of our members, any AAA Staff attending and working meetings are fully vaccinated.
- While we strongly encourage our attendees to be vaccinated, we are not requiring proof of vaccination at this time.
- We are following the CDC guidelines currently in affect; therefore, all attendees (staff, attendees, sponsors, and speakers) are required to wear a mask while attending our sessions.
- Panelists seating will be spaced at least 3 feet apart and podiums will be spaced more than 3 feet away from the head table and the audience.
- While presenting, all speakers, presenters, discussants, etc. must continue to wear their mask during their presentation.
- Should the venue or local protocols be more stringent than the CDC, we will follow the most stringent protocols in place at the time of the meeting.
- Sanitizing stations will be available throughout the event and venue. Hand washing is important in helping reduce the spread of COVID-19. Visit the registration desk to sanitize your hands, if needed.
Watch Your Distance
- We request that all attendees watch your distance while interacting and moving through the meeting space. Distancing of 3 to 6 feet is encouraged.
Pandemic Resources for Meetings
Keeping in mind both the importance of member’s health and welfare, and their investment in opportunities to attend meetings, we are providing the following information for members regarding their attendance at in-person AAA events:
The AAA will be following and enforcing the current CDC protocols in place during all AAA in-person events, effective immediately. We are monitoring daily and relying on guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to understand the current situations, make overall organizational decisions, and provide useful information and guidance to our members attending meetings in person.
Precautions while attending AAA events
- Attendees at AAA meetings will be expected to follow current CDC protocols in effect at the time of their attendance at the in-person meeting. Members should visit the CDC website above for current protocols when they arrive.
- AAA Professional Staff available on-site at each meeting will provide the current protocol information and enforcement of such protocols while members are attending AAA events.
- Our hotel partners continue to have stringent protocols in place and can be found under the Hotel Information tab on the individual meeting websites.
- Sanitizing stations and disposable masks will always be available at registration and around the hotel venue.
- We encourage attendees to download hotel apps to provide a touchless experience. These apps now provide check-in, check-out, digital room key, and room service (if available) all providing a touchless experience for you. See below for more information.
Precautions while attending partner-hosted AAA events
- Attendees at partner-hosted AAA events will be expected to follow the partner organizations protocols in effect at the time of their attendance at the in-person event.
- Partner protocols will be communicated to all registrants in emails regarding the details of the event.
- Should the partner protocols differ with current AAA protocols, the partner will have the final decision on the protocols to be followed at the event.
- Hotels continue to have stringent cleaning protocols in place and that information can be found under the Hotel Information tab on the individual meeting websites.
- Sanitizing stations will always be available at the venue of the event.
Hotel Brand Resources
Hilton CleanStay & EventReady Program – Doubetree, Embassy Suites, Conrad, Canopy, Signia, Curio, Waldorf Astoria
Hilton Honors App Download for contactless experience:
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hilton.android.hhonors
Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id635150066?pt=290242&ct=DG-WP-HW-AppInstall-ECICYR&mt=8
Hyatt Global Care and Cleanliness Commitment
World of Hyatt App Download for contactless experience
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Hyatt.hyt
Apple - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hyatt-hotels/id476639005
Marriott Commitment to Clean – Sheraton, Westin, Renaissance, Gaylord, Ritz-Carlton, JW Marriott, St. Regis, Autograph Collection
Marriott Bonvoy App Download for contactless experience
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marriott.mrt&hl=en_US
Apple - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/marriott-bonvoy/id455004730
IHG Way of Clean – Crowne Plaza, InterContinental, Indigo, Holiday Inn, Kimpton
IHG Reward App Download for contactless experience – Use QR code below
Radisson – Radisson Blu, Red, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Radisson Collection
Radisson Rewards App Download for contactless experience
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.radisson.hotelsapp
Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/app/radisson-hotels-hotel-booking/id1437901776?mt=8