2023 Joint Midyear Meeting of the AIS, SET and International Sections
Las Vegas, Nevada
January 26-28, 2023
Delivery Method: Group Live
Registration: Click Here!
To be awarded the full credit hours you must scan the QR code in the back of each room when entering and exiting the session fill out the CPE Form that is emailed to you following the Meeting.
- Open the AAA Joint Midyear Meeting of the AIS, SET and International Sections Meeting app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Click on the Agenda Icon.
- Select the session you are attending.
- Locate the “Check In” Icon within your session and tap on it.
- You will be asked to enable your camera, choose “Allow”.
- Scan the QR code displayed in the back of the room to check-in and check-out.
Note: The “Check In” Icon will NOT appear until the session begins.
At any time, you can return to the dashboard and tap on the "Sessions Scanned" icon to check your scans have been successfully completed.
To be awarded the full credit hours you must check-in via the Meeting app and fill out the CPE Verification Form.
- Save the completed form to your computer.
- Email the completed form to (email@example.com)
Learning Objectives for the Midyear Meeting to include:
- Learn how data analytics is being applied in practice and its impact on the profession and other stakeholders
- Learn how machine learning is being applied in practice and its impact on the profession and other stakeholders
- Learn how cybersecurity and how it’s impacting the profession and other stakeholders
- Learn how technology is impacting corporate governance
- Identify the consequences of widespread adoption of IFRS on global capital markets
- Understand the effects of auditor attributes and national regulations on audit quality
- Identify factors that affect financial reporting quality in an international context and the usefulness of accounting information in predicting future firm outcomes
Learning Objectives for the AIS New Scholars Consortium to Include:
- Develop a broader view of research in emerging AIS topics
- Apply several class preparation skills to your own classes, particularly in AIS and data analytics.
- Understand the opportunities when working with professionals or researchers in other disciplines.
Learning Objectives for the IAS PhD/Student New Faculty Consortium to include:
- Develop a deeper understanding of the Research and the Review Process.
- Gain exposure to techniques useful in the Job Search process and for Early Career Success.
- Develop relationships with colleagues and senior researchers in the discipline.
Fields of Study: Accounting, Auditing, and Information Technology
Program Level: Overview
Advance Preparation: None
CPE Information: The total number of CPE Credits is 22.6 credit hours.
Refunds and Cancellations: All cancellations must be received in writing at the AAA in order to be processed (email Info@aaahq.org). Cancellations received after December 19, 2022 will incur a $25 cancellation charge. No refunds will be available for cancellations after January 16, 2023 or for no-shows.
For comments and concerns, please contact the AAA Office at
(941) 921-7747 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9009 Town Center Parkway
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
American Accounting Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: https://www.nasbaregistry.org