The goal of this section of our website is to share instructional ideas and resources. While we have provided some of these resources, our hope is that the majority of this information will come from the members of our section. If you have resources that you would like to share, or if you know of someone who has resources that might benefit other members of the section, please let us know. You can email your contribution ideas to the Chair of the Instructional Resources Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Management Accounting Education-based Journal Content
- Teaching Conferences and Symposia
- Classroom Resources, Innovations, and Ideas
- Current Hot Topics
2022 Midyear Meeting Recordings
- The New Algorithmic Ceiling: How to Understand Bias and Fairness with Algorithmic Governance
- 2.05: Panel on Moral Accounting
- 3.01: Practitioner Panel: Data-Driven Decision-Making in Practice
- 4:01: Teaching Data-Driven Decision-Making: Lessons from a Practitioner-Turned-Faculty Member
- 5.01: Engaging and Connecting in a Hybrid World
- 6.01: The Future of Management Accounting: Faculty Panel
- Teaching Case Conference Videos
Welcome to the webpage for the AAA Management Accounting Section!
The Management Accounting Section (MAS) is a diverse community of academics and practitioners from all over the world dedicated to advancing the practice, research, and teaching of management accounting. We have strong partnerships with several organizations, including the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA), CPA Canada, and Wiley. Through these partnerships, MAS offers a wide range of resources to support its members, and I encourage you to click on the tabs at the top of the webpage to learn more.
Dear MAS members, As the incoming Senior Editor of the Journal of Management Accounting Research (JMAR) for the 2022–2024 term, I am excited to announce the editorial team that will serve during my term. We will have a group of 13 Editors who are distinguished scholars ready to work with you, current and future authors and referees, on publishing high-quality and relevant management accounting research. We will also have a great new Editorial Advisory and Review Board with 44 accomplished members.
Continuing JMAR’s mission to promote diverse topics and methodological perspectives, the new editorial team covers all methods of management accounting research. Close to 50% of the team is based outside of the US, which also continues the tradition of a wide geographical representation.Read More