Call for Papers
2023 JATA Conference
Deadline: October 21, 2022
The 29th Journal of the American Taxation Association (JATA) Conference will be held in conjunction with the ATA Midyear Meeting February 23-25, 2023. Original papers addressing interesting and relevant tax issues will be considered for the conference. Papers submitted to the conference will not automatically be considered for publication in JATA. You are free to submit the paper to any journal. A paper under review (or being revised for resubmission) at another journal as of the conference submission deadline should not be submitted. Papers submitted to JATA will be given some preference in the conference selection process. Authors will be notified of the Conference selection decision by December 9, 2022.
All research methods (including, but not limited to, archival, analytical, behavioral, experimental, and field studies) will be considered. Contingent on suitable revisions in accordance with JATA’s normal review procedures, papers submitted to JATA and accepted for the conference will be published in a regular issue of the journal, along with discussants’ comments. Conference papers will be made available to Conference participants in advance of the Midyear Meeting through the ATA web site. Papers submitted to JATA but not accepted for the Conference will be treated as regular submissions to JATA.
Instructions for Manuscript Submission:
- When you submit to the Journal Conference, you will be asked whether or not you also want the manuscript to be considered for a Research Session. There is no need to submit the paper twice, information is included in submission instructions below to be considered for both the journal conference and a research session.
- Manuscripts should be prepared in the same style as a journal submission. Instructions regarding the preparation of files for submission can be found here.
- Authors will submit one file. Include the title and abstract of the manuscript on the first page of the document. To ensure anonymous review, all information should be removed from the properties of your PDF or Word Doc. Note: Word Docs will be converted to a PDF when uploaded to the journal conference submission site.
- PDF: Found under File, Properties, Description.
- Word Doc: Found under File, Info, Check for Issues, Inspect Document, Document Properties and Personal Information (should be checked), click Inspect. You will be prompted to remove all document properties and author information.
- Papers submitted to the conference will not automatically be considered for publication in JATA. You are free to submit the paper to any journal. To be considered for publication in JATA, please see additional instructions below.
- To be considered for the conference, papers must be received no later than October 21, 2022.
- Authors will be notified of the Conference selection decision by December 9, 2022.
JATA Conference Only Submission
- There is no fee to submit to the journal conference.
- CLICK HERE to access the submission system using your AAA member ID and password. Click here If you have forgotten your AAA member ID/password to retrieve them.
- From the Submission Track, select the JATA Conference.
- If you want your paper to be considered for a concurrent research session, indicate where requested.
JATA Conference and Also to be Considered for Publication in JATA
- Pay Journal submission fee. This will be required to complete your manuscript submission.
- Once you have paid the fee, you will receive an email Order Confirmation that will provide you with an Invoice Number which will be required to enter when submitting your manuscript.
- CLICK HERE to access the submission system. If you have never used the Editorial Manager system, please follow the instructions for first-time users.
- Please select the 2023 JATA Conference and Journal Consideration Submission article type when making your submission.
- Follow the instructions to submit. NOTE: if the paper should also be considered for a research session if not selected for the journal conference, you MUST include this statement in the cover letter you submit along with the manuscript.
If you do not have a member ID/password, click here to obtain AAA login credentials. Then, use your AAA login credentials to create a new account in the submission system. Follow steps above.