Congratulations on having your work accepted for the 2020 Annual Meeting! Although we all were disappointed to have to cancel the in-person portion of the meeting, we know that you still want to share and enhance your work. With the Annual Meeting you can make the most of your efforts, through two interrelated components, designed to provide visibility and engagement:templates, and examples are available on this page to help you craft your infographic.
You can post updates/revisions in AAA's Presentation Gallery until July 21.
1. Presentation Gallery
Presenters upload an abstract, infographic, video, and working paper into the Presentation Gallery before the meeting. Benefits of this include:
- Reach a wider, global audience
- Presentations receive a DOI (digital object identifier) to increase discoverability and presence
- Presentations will be displayed in a virtual gallery—available to more people for a longer time
- Content is fully searchable, citable, and shareable
- Authors retain the rights to their content
- Authors have a personal dashboard to track statistics on their presentations
2. Live Sessions
The live meeting will be held August 10-13, 2020 from 11:00 ET to 7:00 ET daily.
Presenters convene in a topic-focused session, with a moderator familiar with your work, and an audience that has already reviewed your work in the Presentation Gallery.
- Presenters will present their work to spark discussion
- Moderators will interact with the presenters and engage the audience to explore similarities, differences, new findings and challenges
- Sessions are recorded, providing opportunities for the session to be seen by more people over a longer period of time
What's it take to be part of this new Annual Meeting experience? Simply upload your infographic, video, abstract, and working paper for your accepted presentation, with the option of including additional materials and/or an author bio. The AAA and its platform partner, Morressier, does the rest to make your work part of the Presentation Gallery. Then in August, you will attend the Annual Meeting, present your work and become a part of the new virtual academic world.
We are all learning how to have a great digital experience. Who would have thought that this year’s Annual Meeting theme, Stronger Together, would be so meaningful – and critical to us all moving forward? Thank you for being part of it.