Benefits of becoming a member of our community
At the American Accounting Association, our mission is straightforward…we bring together the academic community to further accounting education and to advance the discipline and profession of accounting. We achieve our mission through four focused areas:
Expanding Knowledge and Idea Development
- Encouraging and fostering academic research to create knowledge and ideas in the discipline, supporting career development and addressing the role of accounting in society.
- Professional networking, the latest research content and research tools, best teaching practices, an open forum for ideas on all accounting topics from all corners of the globe.
- Offering peer-reviewed publishing opportunities in our many Association-wide and Section journals.
Promoting Effective Learning
- Join any of our 17 special interest Sections and attend a Section mid-year meeting to meet those interested in a specialized subject matter or educational environment.
- Take part in any of our seven Region meetings to network with nearby colleagues sharing teaching and research ideas. Region Meetings have sessions on CTLA as well.
- Attend the Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting (CTLA) sessions held during the Annual Meeting.
- As part of its educational mission, the American Accounting Association (AAA) in a joint initiative with FASB Accounting Standards Codification Professional View, Governmental Accounting Research System, and The Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) provides online access and guidance to faculty and students at post-secondary academic institutions.
Informing and Influencing Policy and Practice
- Contribute to the academy and profession through active participation by AAA leaders and members with regulators, standards setters and industry groups.
- Influence policy makers and practitioners in public and corporate practice.
Advancing Faculty Careers
- Earn NASBA-certified continuing professional education credits at our Pre-Conference Workshops and Symposia. The Annual Meeting, seven Region meetings, and twelve Section meetings offer a wide variety of CPE opportunities.
- Develop career strategies. Learn ways to meet institutional expectations in teaching, research, service, and leadership.
- Exchange ideas with scholars and practitioners from all over the world. AAA members teach and practice in over 75 countries, facing the same day-to-day challenges you do.
- Connect with co-authors and mentors. Network with scholars who teach the same courses you do and research the same issues you're working on.
- Provide a unique opportunity for recruiters and registered candidates to meet at the Annual Meeting Career Center.
- Post a resume, access hundreds of job postings and manage your job search at the Career Centeron the AAA Website. Students post a job for free. Recruiters this is where you can make connections!
Membership dues include electronic access to all three Association journals, The Accounting Review, Accounting Horizons, and Issues in Accounting Education. In addition, all AAA Section journals are available to all members through the Digital Library All online journals are searchable and downloadable from the Digital Library. Members have the option to join one or more of the 17 special-interest Sections and belong to one of 7 Regions in the area in which they live. Find information on these groups at http://aaahq.org/Sections-Regions.
All members can add these print journals to their membership for an additional cost:
The Accounting Review, Accounting Horizons, Issues in Accounting Education.
Some section journals have print journals that are available to Full, Two-Year College and Life-Emeritus Members for an additional cost. Click here for a more complete listing of member benefits.